MLS Laser Therapy
The Wave of the future in Pain Management
What is MLS?
MLS stands for Multi-Wave Locked System. The MLS Laser is a Class IV Laser and uses multiple synchronized diodes. It features 2 wavelengths; 808 nanometers and 905 nanometers. The 808nm wavelength is for inflammation and the 905nm wavelength is for analgesic and is fast acting. Together, they are very effective. Laser Therapy was cleared by the FDA in 2002 and is currently used by a variety of medical specialties, as well as professional sports teams, including the Dallas Cowboys and Cleveland Cavaliers. The Laser can penetrate 3-4 cm deep and generates no heat. There are no harmful effects.
How Do Lasers Work?
- Laser energy stimulates cells to remove toxins, like histamine and cytokine, out of cells.
- They allow oxygen and food loads into the cell.
- They block the pain signals to the nociceptors in the brain, and release endorphins and encephalin.
- Laser light increases ATP production and cell growth. It brings blood flow to the area and increases angiogenesis of capillaries.
- MLS Laser Therapy can actually decrease healing time by 30-40%.
- In a nutshell, the MLS Laser stimulates the mitochondria in cells to jump start the body's own healing process.
- Like an antibiotic, each treatment is cumulative in its effectiveness, building off the previous treatments.
- Acute patients will need 6 treatments every other day for 2 weeks. Chronic patients will need 10 treatments every other day for 3 weeks.
What can I expect during a treatment?
MLS Laser Therapy is a painless treatment that lasts an average of 10 minutes. You may experience a comfortable sensation at the point of application.
What can I expect after the treatment?
Most people experience positive results in 1 to 3 treatments, with the average course of treatment being 7 to 10 sessions. Swelling is greatly reduced and there is rapid relief of pain. Acute conditions usually subside quickly, typically within one phase of treatments, while chronic conditions can be controlled with regular treatments.
The effects of MLS Laser Therapy are cumulative; therefore, expect to see improvement as you proceed through your treatment plan. It is critical that once you start, you complete the course of treatments recommended by your doctor or symptoms are likely to reoccur.
MLS Laser Therapy effectively treats:
- Tendon & ligament injuries
- Sore muscles, muscle strains & tears
- Degenerative joint conditions
- Neurological & general pain & bruising
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Pre & post-surgical treatment
- Anti-inflammation applications
- Specific neurological conditions
- Arthritis & Bursitis
- Back pain
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis
- Neck & Shoulder injuries
- Hip & Knee pain
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Heel & Foot pain
Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy:
- Rapid relief of pain
- Strong anti-inflammatory effect
- Timely healing of sprains & strains
- Rapid recovery of the structural integrity of injured region
- Rapid resolution of swollen areas
- Immediate improvement of local blood circulation
- Rapid repair of superficial injuries, such as wounds and ulcers